Forwarding bank cards in the post.

On Wednesday 15 January 2014 19:23 D.M.Chapman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

My phone can detect cards with its NFC feature. I have not actually found any cards it is actually happy to dump the guts of though (let alone allow the phone to emulate) - most of mine come up as "not supported".

Reply to
Tim Watts

Someone on radio recently recalled as a young fella being shown a steam-filled room wherein a large group of Royal Mail employees were busily steaming open envelopes, presumably looking for wrongdoing of some kind or other. Maybe it was the privatisation of Royal Mail which reminded him of that old incident (he didn't explain).

It certainly has occurred to me that it will be more convenient for the government if they can gag the private mail company and prevent them from even saying they've been gagged, something which might be slightly more difficult to do to a crown corporation.

I don't receive much mail apart from things which are obviously bills, but two private letters recently arrived slightly damp even though it hadn't been raining.

Odd.

Reply to
Windmill