Formatted kindle by mistake

Ok, I have done a right silly thing in mistakenly formatted my kindle was I charging up on my pc. I also had a USB drive which I was meant to format, but somehow the dropdown selection of the program I used was on the wrong item!

I only found out what had happened when I opened my kindle and it was blank! Doh!

Anyway, does anyone know what the directory structure is in them?

I think mine is the 2nd version after the one which came out with a built in keyboard. Mine does not have a keyboard, and is the Amazon kindle.

Reply to
BobH

Suspect it will need more than that. I'd contact Amazon.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

If your PC can still 'see' the Kindle as a USB disk drive, you might be able to run an undelete-type utility on the PC to restore some or all of the files.

Reply to
nemo

Surely, if you've added all of the books either as Amazon purchases, or emailing them to the Kindle via Amazon, then all you have to do is a factory reset followed by re-downloading from Amazon?

Any directly added books - presumably you have copies of those.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , BobH writes

It sounds rather involved:

With second hand ones going from around 40quid, it may be easier to replace:

Good luck!

Reply to
fred

Besides, surely Amazon would know what you had and can put it all back. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There is no factory reset button as my kindle is this one Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi 2011, B

I am not worried about the books etc, it is the folder structure I want. Then hopefully copy the books back to the documents folder, but currently they are not seen in the said folder.

Reply to
BobH

I have tried Easeus data recovery, which says it found 7 files, but on clicking the 'Next' button, no files were found.

Also tried iCare, same thing Also tried Yodot, it cant connect to my kindle so no joy there. Also tried 7-Data Recovery, again no files found.

Any others I might try which can deal with kindle files and folders?

Reply to
BobH

Is this any use?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes it does look rather involved, for just restoring or creating the folders etc.

This is mine: Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi 2011, B

I am not worried about the books etc, it is the folder structure I want. Then hopefully copy the books back to the documents folder, but currently they are not seen in the said folder.

Reply to
BobH

Brilliant, thanks. I would never had known that was the way to do it!

Just finished setting up my Amazon account and put the last book I was reading back on.

Reply to
BobH

I love a happy ending :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

So there is a reserved block for recovery then, useful to know.

I really did think you were stuffed, glad you're sorted.

Reply to
fred