Forget left handed tape measures and things, prolly well off topic ...

But really good ...

it is DIY, really

Reply to
raden

raden wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com:

I remember an optics class where a prop was two 3D faces side by side set into a flat wooden board.

When the booard was turned the faces moved in *opposite* directions, it was quite spooky.

when the board was nearly side on one of the noses disappeared and you coulf see that one was coming out of the front of the board, the other facing out of the back; the illusion was so strong it was impossible to see the truth until the whole thing broke down by getting too side on.

Apparently the human face is too firmly imprinted on the brain for us too see it any other way.

It was a really wierd experience

mike

Reply to
mike ring

In message , mike ring writes

So have you cut out your own dragon yet ?

Reply to
raden

I have. I found that if you put it inside one of those clear plastic covers off a 50-CD cake, that it was very difficult to discern the actual structure - people have been complaining about the dragon following them as they walk past!

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

raden wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com:

No, I was busy yesterday, but I'm going to.

It is very important when flying on a dragon's back to remember to keep believing in dragons.

(a Pratchettism)

mike

Reply to
mike ring