For nuclear fans...

In message , at 10:06:05 on Tue, 6 Oct 2015, Tim Streater remarked:

Dunno which one it is, but plenty to choose from here:

And so the conclusion is that the baddies when it comes to nurse shortages at Addenbrookes are the local Nimbys.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 10:11:38 on Tue, 6 Oct 2015, Tim Streater remarked:

The research is world class, but most of the routine nursing is done in what amounts to a rather provincial hospital of no particular merit.

That's for expanding the campus I think. But there's lots of housing going up to the west of the railway line.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , Tim Streater writes

See Roland P.

Otherwise up to 78 dwellings S/1963/15/OL off Bartlow Road. Up to 50 dwellings S/1969/15/OL Horseheath Road.

The second one is a fudge with Ely diocese to allow the rest of the space to be used as allotments. This is a continuation of a long running saga where the PC pissed about over acquiring 20 acres I own for allotments and public open space.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , at 11:18:26 on Tue, 6 Oct 2015, Tim Streater remarked:

The classic "Cambridge is full - go away" rant. It's a pity all the biotech companies don't take the hint and decamp to somewhere more welcoming.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Funny, I thought I was talking about Linton, not Cambridge.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , at 12:31:14 on Tue, 6 Oct 2015, Tim Streater remarked:

The funny thing is, I doubt you'd support the view that with Cambridge full people should "go away" to places like Linton (in your view apparently "not Cambridge"). But if I've got the wrong end of the stick, please enlighten me.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In article , Tim Streater scribeth thus

Wot!, After the problems with the St Ives one, you just squire;!.

Thats being built on already most all of that area. There is no more land there to be built on;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Linton is nearly 12 miles from Cambridge.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I thought that round here. Hasn't stopped them, though. Have they started knocking down perfectly good houses etc and re-building to a greater density? And how are you for basement building? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , at 14:47:07 on Tue, 6 Oct 2015, Tim Streater remarked:

So somewhere you'd support people "going away to" from Cambridge?

Reply to
Roland Perry

What makes you think I give a monkey's either way. You should be asking Mr Lamb for his views, as he lives in that neck of the woods.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Tim Streater writes

Within 40 miles or so:-)

Land there is a family legacy.

Linton has its own high tech patch as well as the Institute for Welding.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

What's wrong with Bourn Airfield? Lots of space there:-) Planners liked the idea.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , at 16:43:05 on Tue, 6 Oct 2015, Tim Streater remarked:

The fact you keep replying to postings here.

Reply to
Roland Perry

St Ives is a lot cheaper than Cambridge, and straight along the busway. I did when I first moved here.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

A little searching shows me that all except site 152 (36 dwellings, limited potential) have been rejected.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Surely by definition the private sector is not run by any government.

Reply to
bert

In article , Roland Perry writes

Like Alderley Edge?

Reply to
bert

Yeah it could become Londons next airport, how many runways do yuo think they could put there :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

I thought it was teh other way around, the private sector run the government.

Reply to
whisky-dave