For ARW

The Americans are hardly the exemplar of spelling and pronunciation.

Reply to
Huge

Oi

It's the place I would have gone to (I didn't get the required Grades for Bristol) had I not decided at the last minute that I wanted to live at home and thus needed to find a local institution that would take me.

It's where my niece graduated from (standards have gone down, I got better grades than her, even after hers were "inflated").

OTOH I have spent my life doing a genuine "graduate" level job, and she's doing jobs that a school leaver would have got promoted into.

tim

Reply to
tim...

I agree, but this one they got right :-)

tim

Reply to
tim...

Reading was spellt "Redding" in the Middle Ages. Probably changed by careless transcription by a monk.

Reply to
Bob Martin