For Anna

Very difficult.

Lindt 85% Chocolate (e.g. from Waitrose)

I am struggling after that!

Reply to
polygonum

Ooops

Reply to
polygonum

The mind boggles ! ;-)

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

One reason I have preferred having email and news separate!

Reply to
polygonum

Anna Kettle?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Non.

Reply to
polygonum

Anna who likes, or has a friend who likes, extremely dark chocolate. Presumably, at some point not much above 85%, the substance ceases to be chocolate and becomes cocoa.

Reply to
GB

Indeed - in my view and experience, texture fails immediately above this and things like 90% or more can achieve what might otherwise seem impossible for a decent chocolate, they become inedible.

One advantage is that the sugar content drops (as a proportion). So those trying to avoid sugar intake can get a lot more chocolate taste for their modest indulgence.

Reply to
polygonum

It would take more than Anna to distract me from Lindt's Dark Chocolate with Hazelnuts. The best choc you can buy.

:-( Can't get it round here though ...

Reply to
Java Jive

Try the wasabi version - it's horrible :-)

Reply to
Clive George

Taking a caffeine hit?

Reply to
harry

Agreed - hint of vaguely wasabi-like something. If you are going to add wasabi, it should be strong enough to have some of the mouth and nose impact of the real thing.

In their 100 gr large, flat bar range, I do not care for any of the flavoured versions save for the sea-salt one (nor any of the milk chocolate versions, at all).

Reply to
polygonum

Meant also to say, it sometimes appears that they use a different base chocolate for the flavoured bars - they all seem somehow slightly less nice.

And if Waitrose still did it, I would have put the Valrhona ahead of Lindt - and everyone else (it looks like they have stopped carrying the company's products).

Reply to
polygonum

Yuk.

Reply to
Huge

It becomes inedible long before that.

Reply to
Huge

For many manufacturers, I'd agree. But the Lindt 85% is good - but you do need to place a piece in your mouth and let it slowly soften and disperse - then it is rather nice. If, however, you chew it immediately, it can feel like a mouthful of cocoa powder and be very much less than pleasant.

It is also a good level to use for cooking savoury dishes with chocolate in them as a flavouring agent.

Perhaps surprisingly, some of the Lidl chocolate such as their J.D.Gross

81% Arriba, are also rather good. Especially in the flavour department - what lets them down a little is the texture. But for value, they are, IMHO, unbeatable. Sometimes I am in the mood for their Bellarom dark.
Reply to
polygonum

I like Milk Choccy, but I find most insipid. Even G&B is only 37%(?) cocoa. Where do I get milk choccy with 50% cocoa?

Reply to
GB

Lidl Bellarom Creamy Chocolate is 45% - but not tried it so cannot vouch for it in any way. But their hazelnut creamy chocolate is pretty darned good - cannot remember if that is Bellarom or another label. Actually - a bit too creamy and sweet for my taste but appreciate it.

The Lindt Hazelnut dark in 150g bars has the best hazelnuts in any chocolate I can remember.

Reply to
polygonum

I prefer the Aldi Moser Roth 70%. I find than anything above that takes too long to melt in the mouth.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Chocolate body parget, anyone?

Owain