Footings crossing boundary

I know!! Man, tell me about it. It's like they like the look of our house 'cause it's a nice white marker.

Reply to
Grunff

You could do a Norwegian modification and create a turf roof. That should work OK in the Devon climate.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hmmm... there's a thought. I'd have to mow the roof. What did you do this weekend? I mowed the roof. Yes, I like that.

Reply to
Grunff

[9 lines snipped]

You too, huh? I've been thinking of painting the house dark green (which would also solve the algae problem). Or buying an 35mm Oerlikon...

Huge

Seems like the next weekend d-i-y project for you is clear, Huge: you need to camoflauge the house, and put up a lightweight similacrum 800 yards away, and move the decoy house another 400 yards each weekend. Eventually you'll have the weekend wannabe pilots flying out to sea (and maybe running out of fuel ;-)

Should keep you busy for a few days...

Stefek

Reply to
stefek.zaba

Reply to
Grunff

Pah, that's nothing. We get overflown from RAF Odiham, and they use the field at the back of the house to practice setting down and taking off.

When I was at work one day my wife complained to Odiham that a Chinook pilot had been too close to the house and got the usual guff that he couldnt' have been, strict separation rules, highly repsonsible people, blah, blah.

Then she gave them the name of the man standing in the door of the Chinook which she had read off his uniform.

Reply to
Steve Firth

"Christian McArdle" wrote

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to
Zymurgy

*laugh* You want one of those Oerlikon's, you do.
Reply to
Huge

Stefek Zaba wrote | Seems like the next weekend d-i-y project for you is clear, Huge: | you need to camoflauge the house, and put up a lightweight | similacrum 800 yards away, and move the decoy house another 400 | yards each weekend. | Eventually you'll have the weekend wannabe pilots flying out to | sea (and maybe running out of fuel ;-) | Should keep you busy for a few days...

Should really confuse the council too when they look at the aerial photographs to spot new building work without planning permission.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Zymurgy" wrote | "Christian McArdle" | > > Much better to sort these things out amicably. A friendly note | > > to the pilot saying "please do not fly here again or I'll let | > > your tyres down" left under the windscreen wiper should do it. | | > Many planes don't have windscreen wipers. |

So what do you think Post-It(tm) Notes were invented for?

Owain

Reply to
Owain
[snip]

Nah, I have access to better stuff at work. Radar controlled mini-gun would be nice. Wife's experience highlights the problem of having a three-storey house in a low flying area.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Where is your house in relation to the runway? You may find that an alternative circuit route may be practical that avoids your house. Most airfields have noise abatement circuit patterns that avoid sensitive areas. These usually get published so that even visting pilots know which houses/villages/farms to avoid.

Obviously, if you are right under final approach at 500ft, there's not much room for manoevure.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

About 4 miles away!

But then I wouldn't have anything to moan about :-( It only happens pccasionally, maybe every 3 weeks or so. But when it happens, it goes on for what seems like an eternity.

Reply to
Grunff

Odd. Only a total incompetent would do circuit training four miles from the airfield. Pilots with circuits this wide are likely to be the subject of intense ridicule if discovered. The ATZ is only 2 nautical miles radius, so they're actually well outside the airfield's "airspace".

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

There will certainly be ridicule when I hit one of them with my next generation of spud gun.

Reply to
Grunff

We're 9 miles from Cranfield, and they sure as sh*t do circuits over us.

Reply to
Huge

Tee-hee. That's exactly what I was thinking of. I even have a prototype in the shed...

Reply to
Huge

Could be they are being put into a holding pattern

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
tpaul