Footing for raised flower bed in garden?

I am putting a raised flower bed along an existing dry stone wall in my front garden. It will be made from 4 courses of 75mm high dressed walling (sand) stone. It will be 4.5 m long with a 0.5m return on either end.

Top view looks like:

Does anyone have any info on what depth of footing would be suitable for this wall? Ground is very solid and full of rocks (live near a disused quarry road). Most of existing soil will be re-used to fill bed.

Any other tips (drainage etc) would be appreciated too...

Thanks in adv,

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW