Football

The English team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. "It was heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,"

Said Jose, aged six

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder scribbled...

Nicked

Reply to
Jabba

ROFLMAO!

Have we played any matches yet?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

From where?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder scribbled...

From you

Reply to
Jabba

Dave Liquorice scribbled...

No, but England have lost a couple.

Reply to
Jabba

Of course we have. I don't think we got enough runs though. Or perhaps we were bowled out.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On our way home already I've heard.

Reply to
harryagain

A series of highly unlikely things need to happen if we are to progress. Don't you just love Suarez! Even if you hate football, a craftsman at the top of his game is a joy to behold

Reply to
stuart noble

He certainly took a bite out of England's dreams.

mark

Reply to
mark

Who?

Err, no. I used to think I hated football, but recently I realised that I don't even care about it that much. I am utterly indifferent to the whole thing.

Reply to
Huge

It is possible to go through to the next round (on paper). One more match to play, which we must win, plus Italy must win their next two matches. If that happens, then we should go through on goal difference.

Reply to
Bod

+100
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Who's this 'we' the royal we.

I don;t hate the game football, just what it has become how much it costs and the idea that it's so important.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I was thinking that honour went to london underground ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

:-)

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Niether do I. Went to about 25, mainly Premier League matches, last season. The only time I get almost interested is at the end of the season when the relegation/promotion teams start to be come clear. Any team south of Stoke can get relegated, any team north of Stoke promoted to make me happy.

Well the more the great unwashed are willing to pay for it the better, their subs pay a considerable part of this households bills...

That is what really bugs me about the "big events" everyone is supposed to get all excited and involved. Why? I guess the sheple just have to be have to lead.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A close second.

Reply to
Bod

I've never watched a whole match in my life. Barring the games at school I was forced to be in.

I am however looking at a scores app on my phone just so I'm not completely out of it at lunchtime when everyone's wibbling about it.

Reply to
Tim Watts