Football

Well done that man. 100% agreed.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes the Medway is regarded as a part of Little Middle England.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You obviously don't know the Medway :-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Shhsh! Quite! I was trying to create an air of sophistication...........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Lost cause...especially around Luton!

(from someone about 30 miles east of there...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Gillingham is rough isn't it. The last time I was there it was full of these back to back terraced houses. It was like how people think the north of England is, but isn't.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Boy. Are from those slums and now live in Luton. I like to see people get on.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

At least I live in the posh bit of Medway - Strood! You're near Hernia Bay I assume?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

To be fair, some of them have running water and rumour is electricity will be laid on soon.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That was pretty unintelligible, but I think you have the wrong Luton.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Right in the middle of it!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Posh mode on:

We have both in the north. Still some back to back houses too, our daughter's sold last year for £150,000, as much as our semi's worth!

Ah, Gillingham! I once drew Gillingham in the Youth Club football pool and won about 11/- I think. Riches at 13!

I'd never heard of Gillingham, my dad's football pool forms never mentioned it as far as I remember.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Where does North England start? I assume it finishes at Scotland. Where is the centre of England? What about this being a UK newsgroup? Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

This side of the river Aire.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Real back-to back? Two up, two down and party walls on three sides? It wasn't sold for 150,000 without some very special add-on!

Reply to
John Cartmell

The Watford gap, as anything more northerly must surely be crap.

-
Reply to
Mark

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Slightly out, Mary.It's this side of the Swale, or being pedantic, the Wiske.

Reply to
<me9

It does rather depend on the individual, I admit :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Dover.