Football

There, I've said it.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

|There, I've said it.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I have just finished off the final flags that decorate the house and loaded a van full of beer into two fridges

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I just cycled back from the shopping centre, which is stuffed full with people stocking up for the match, apparently under some illusion that they might even manage to get their cars out of the car park before the match starts, never mind home. They haven't even seen the roads yet, gridlocked with drivers also thinking they might get home for the match. The irony is I got home on a bike very quickly, but certainly won't be wasting such a wonderful Saturday afternoon in front of a telly.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:54:14 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote (in article ):

Complete waste of time, resources and money.

Hopefully the major teams will lose as early as possible so that normality can return.

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:54:54 +0100,it is alleged that Andy Hall spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

Amen.

I notice even google has a football related logo today.. they must think someone cares.

Reply to
Chip

Do you think Engerland will be bowled out or not get enough runs?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

There's always a few weirdos around that have no appreciation of the "beautiful game".

Reply to
RedOnRed

I've been sewing, gardening, baking and it's been bliss, so quiet! In the past the neighbouring gardens would be full of people with loud radios, now I assume they're all inside watching a box.

Ah well, we've enjoyed the peace :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It was there yesterday too.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I've just had a happy thought - it's not being played at Headingley!

Or even England.

The silver lining :-)

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:45:14 +0100, "Mary Fisher" had this to say:

It's all fireworks round here now...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I thought that yesterday afternoon on Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof when I saw a number of them in white Tshirts with red crosses being rounded up by British Transport Police.

Reply to
andyrdhall

Go and stand in the corner with the dunces cap on!

And do NOT come out unti I say!

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Many years ago it might have qualified for being called a "beautiful game", but sadly those days have long gone, when people used to play for the fun of it not just to be in the limelight all the time.

Not that I was every interested, even in those days.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

I was sorting out a Freeview STB at the time so kept seeing bits of the game.

Looked like footage of our local playing fields on a Sunday (the match not the hooligans I mean) ;-)

And the local coppers were out in force last night (town got trashed last year) but there seemed to be a general air of apathy this time.

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

But sadly more than compensated for afterwards when all the buggers emerged blinking into the sunlight to light their barbecues, and then celebrating noisily into the wee small hours.

Anyway, it's 9:30 Sunday morning now - high time I got the strimmer out. That'll show 'em...

David

Reply to
Lobster

Yes, that was me. You do not need to get the strimmer out to annoy me. I did that myself by getting up to go to work. I had travelled 5 miles before I realised it was Sunday and put the quiet roads down to school holidays. Time to clear up the bottles and take away wrapppers up I think.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Don't do it all now...leave some for 2 p.m.!

Reply to
Bob Eager

In fact, although I expected that to happen, it didn't. I understand there was another match in the evening!

Spouse has finished the bread oven but there are a couple of sharp edged stones I want trimming, he said it would be nice to have a peaceful day so he'll leave the grinder until tomorrow. It certainly is horribly noisy.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher