Folding door mechanism

Does anyone know where to get hold of a folding door mechanism? Not sure I've seen one on my travels around the DIY sheds, but then I haven't been looking specifically for one of these before now.

I turned up at a clients house to fit a folding door and was presented with the door - but no mechanism. Which made it a bit problematical to finish the job. Heaven knows what happened to the original mechanism, looks like someone moved house and took it with them - but left half of the gubbins and the door behind.

Just to explain in case anyone is wondering what a folding door is - it's basically a regular internal door which is hinged vertically down the middle. One side is fixed top and bottom with hinge points (so that the door can swing open/shut). The other side is fixed into a channel at the top so that the door can fold, and that side of the door collapses across the width of the door frame by sliding the keeper in the channel.

PoP

PoP

Magnet do them - look for Fold Aside Door Fittings on page 137 of their catalogue

Peter Taylor

"PoP" wrote | Does anyone know where to get hold of a folding door mechanism?

Hm. A search for bi-fold door mechanism on SCrewfix came up with "You might also be interested in: a chainsaw"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Maybe that's to half the door to start with! ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

Try Woodfit part no SPF02 (New catalogue arrived t'other day...)

Reply to
John Weston