Foaming bath cavity

Just taken delivery of the new bath tub, and a Geberit waste/filler for it. Instructions are mostly in picturese (which I don't speak, prefering English, German, French, Spanish or Japanese), I shall be asking them for some proper instructions or they can have it back.

One panel right at the end of the instructions actually has some Englis in it, saying:

"When foaming the cavity, the two mechanism housings need to be sealed with self adhesive tape." - picture shows the the cavity under the bath in dark grey.

Ok, I understand that we don't want polyisocyanate foam in the mechanisms, but I have never heard of anyone 'foaming the cavity' under a bath before. Is it one of these new Part Z stupidities, or do people really do it?

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

In article , TheOldFellow writes

It's been discussed here before and I think it's a really good idea, adds support to the bath and insulates.

One dissenting voice mentioned the risk of trapping moisture against framing and risking rot if there were leaks in the bath sealing but I think that is avoidable, perhaps by engineering a small gap behind the bath.

Reply to
fred