Flymo 3400 Lawnrake tines

I bought this flymo in April and gave our small front lawn a good raking, removing a lot of moss and thatch. Yesterday I used it for the second time and it didn't seem to be raking particularly well. When I investigated I found that most of the tines were broken. I am a bit surprised as I had used it carefully, not putting it under undue strain. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Reply to
kent

Not that particular one, but in general, Flymo products appear to have deteriorated in quality over the last ten years. Their lawn mowers seem to receive poor reviews in terms of sturdiness.

I would return it as not fit for purpose and ask for a refund, not a replacement. It would be surprising if another sample would be any better.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks. I'll probably do that. Can anyone recommend a more robust alternative?

Reply to
kent

I have a Bosch which hasn't lost any tines (yet).

Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D.Smith