flushing central heating which additives?

I have aquired a heating system in a new house.

I wish to refill the system, so I am sure that an inhibitor is in place.

Should I use a cleaner to flush the system first? or just drain?

What is boiler silencer? is this worth additing along with the inhibitor (no noise problems as yet)

Reply to
Bob

Be safe not sorry when inheriting a heating system, Flush with a suitable cleaner, Rinse though with clean water, add inhibitor.... Depends if its a ali heat exchanger you can use a universal like fernox or sentinel. A word from the wise if you have not got them ....Thermostatic rad valves...... fit them to your system before you flush properly as they will save you money in the long run and having new valves makes it easilly to flush the system aswell pete

Reply to
gasman pete