Fluorescent tube Chokes

I have a number of chokes removed from working 5 foot fluorescent fittings surplus to requirements.These are the type that fit in the wider (T12) sized fittings. If anyone wants some then they are yours for the cost of P&P. Mail me at with how many you are interested in and where you live and I'll look up the postage costs and get back to you.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

So have I ;-) They are D rated. I bought the fittings with the intention of installing electronic ballasts into them.

Generally, it's illegal to sell old ones for use any more, as they will fail to meet the required EU efficiency ratings. Ballasts are rated A (most efficient) through to D (least efficient). D became illegal to sell some time ago. I don't know the dates for C and B, but they will (and may have already) become illegal. A was intended for electronic ballasts, but some magnetic ballasts now meet A (it is split into something like A1 and A2, but I don't recall the details).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

try freecycle

NT

Reply to
meow2222

have I ;-) They are D rated.

I suspect this, like many EU regulations, only apply to selling in the course of a business. Second hand private sales are outside the scope of such legislation. It may also be Ok to sell them as spare parts if no compliant alternative is available.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq