Fluorescent lights - heat rating of cable?

I'm currently installing some fluorescent tubes. The fitting instructions state: "Important notice: switch start ballast casings may reach high temperatures in normal use and may damage standard insulation cables. Where supply cables run adjacent to choke, use cable rated at not less than 150 deg C, or alternatively use heat resistant sleeving".
Now, the cable access holes for the fitting are cleverly positioned so that it's impossible to wire it up *without* running cable immediately past the start ballast casing (this presumably refers to the chunky metal PSU-like device inside the fitting??). So my query is, do I need to worry about this, or is my normal 1.5mm2 lighting cable up to the task? It doesn't have any temperature rating on the reel or the cable; is 150 deg a high temp for cable? If I need this sleeving, is it readily available? (makes you wonder why the mfr couldn't include some with the fitting!?)
Thanks David

I'd query you using switch start ballasts in this day and age - have you investigated electronic types? They only get mildly warm.
--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

use a short run of fire proof fp200 in side the tube, you should be able to buy this by the meter and the rating should be above 150 deg
Wheelbarrowbob wrote in message

FP200 is only rated for use up to 70C in continuous service.
--
Andy

thank you andy, didnt know that, think the original poster should invest in some modern fittings

Thanks for this Bob. Looks like I'm going to need a new hole (in response to Chris's reply; there's definitely only one appropriate hole for cable entry)
Just checked the Screwfix ref above, but it's only rated to 85 deg!
Thanks David

But first make sure it didn't say 150F instead of 150C.
Christian.

The ballast is the heavy box thing inside the fitting, the box thing that the actual lamp holder ends are connected to. It should have writing on it with all the ratings and voltages. It is this box that gets very hot and you should avoid putting your PVC Cable near it. If you keep this in mind then you'll be OK.