Flue through pitched roof, horizontally

What options are there to put a 100mm pipe horizontally through a slate tiled roof?

The slates are in poor condition. The roof will eventually be replaced. I don't want to put up scaffolding, but can probably reach round from an adjacent Velux window. There shouldn't be any flue positioning issues, the flue would actually continue for some distance before the terminal, away from the window.

The alternative (which I would prefer) is to shove the flue up the existing chimney and out of the chimney pot (decommisioning the affected fireplace). How easy do you think it would be to safely create a sufficiently large hole in the side of the chimney to manipulate this lot into place? From the party wall, there is about a length of the brick to play with in depth, excluding the face of the chimney. The flue would need to enter from the side. According to our house survey, the chimney is unusual in having the flues completely one side or other of the party wall, rather than spread out and shared between the houses.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I just put a flue in my chimney, and I recommed you hire a cherry picker. You have a good working platform, and because you have a good working platform you can do a much better job. They are about 100 a day round my way.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper