Flue outlets on multifuel stoves

Most multifuel stoves have alternative flue positions, usually BACK or TOP. Why ? and is the output or efficiency affected by the choice. This one is the Hunter Herald 14 with wraparound boiler. It would seem that chimney sweeping would be simplest if I use the top outlet. Are there any other considerations that I've missed ?
Thanks John
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:21:04 -0000, oilier than thou wrote:

I guess it's so you can either go straight up and into the chimney or straight out through the wall to a flue.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail