Flue for garage wood burner

What's an empty acetylene cylinder? Acetylene spontaneously explodes at a pressure of about 15 PSI so you can't just pump it into a cylinder. Its dissolved in acetone (IIRC) so even when there is no acetylene left the cylinder has acetone in it. If you draw off the acetylene too fast you also draw off the acetone and the residual acetylene can explode when it comes out of solution.

Reply to
dennis

I was harvesting elsewhere at the time. The slightly singed nearest witness said he saw a jet of flame and turned to run away. The bottle remnants travelled about 200m horizontally and heaven knows how far vertically. From his description, I would guess the valve was cracked open.

Pass. When I returned from a safe distance after the tank was in two halves, there was a small fire burning over a puddle of residue.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I think there is also a porous matrix, possibly clay involved. All we found was the flattened remnants of the cylinder wall.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

From my metal work lessons mumble-mumble years ago I seem to remember kapok being mentioned

Avpx

Reply to
The Nomad

It will have a similar suck to a 90-year-old hooker.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You leave the mother in law out of this!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And an assclown.

Reply to