flower arrangement 'OASIS' (phenolic foam)

Does anyone know whether or not this material is bio-degradeable?

Reply to
Ardamerr

I can remember my mum using it when I was a kid, and certainly recall it degrading in the cupboard (to sticky green powder IIRC?); however not sure about the 'bio-' part. Probably not at a guess, as these things didn't "matter" in those days.

David

Reply to
Lobster

-

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Biodegradeable Ring. Features and Benefits: Strong base that will start to degrade one month after coming into contact with water"

From that I'd deduce that all their other products are NOT biodegradable...

And now I know where to go next time I want a 'biodegradeable ring'. Hmm.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks all, I have e-mailed Smithers and as soon as I receive a response from them I'll post a copy to the group... Richard.

Reply to
Ardamerr

This is the reply received from Smithers:

"Floral Foam is not toxic and is not biodegradable".

Reply to
Ardamerr