Flow/Return referenced to what?

A question for my brother, who hasn't worked out how to access usegroups.

He has a Worcester Bosch boiler he is about to connect up, but realises that he doesn't understand how the 'Flow' and 'Return' pipes are identified. His sytem has an external pump. He reasons that 'flow' is the pipe connected to the output of the pump, and 'Return' is the pipe entering the pump.

I have a combi, where of course the 'Flow' pipe leaves the combi carrying the CH water away, and the 'Return' pipe brings the CH water back in to be warmed up again.

These two definitions have opposite meanings for the CH pipes at the boiler/combi. Which definition is correct for a boiler?

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece