Flow rate for bathroom extractor - no window

I need to fit an extractor in a windowless shower/toilet room, it's only a small room. I believe the minimum rating is normally 54m³/h or 15 l/s. Is this the same for a windowless room, or does it need to be higher?

Thanks

Reply to
Tom

Tom wrote on 23/06/2006 :

In my opinion I think the idea should be to draw warm air in from the rest of the house, rather than through a window - therefore the capacity should be the same window or no window.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The regulations seem to state there should be an opening window for rapid ventilation, with the 54m³/h rate for background ventilation, so I though it might have to be higher, but I cant find anything that states what the minimum requirement is when there is no window.

Reply to
Tom

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:39:57 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named Tom randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

The requirement is for the same capacity (15l/s), but with a 15 minute over-run.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula