Floormaster aqua loc laminate flooring

Is this laminate flooring any good? It's supposed to have good water resistance and be suitable for kitchens.

Would it be good enough to survive a water leak from a washing machine?

Or should I lay real ceramic tiles?

Any experiences or advice would be welcome.

Reply to
ROBERT BASHFORD

It's absolute pants!!! It's a bu99er to lay and doesn't take long for the edges to start lifting. As for a washing machine leak...made mine a total write off in 20 minutes. GOK what the 'non water sealed' version is like! Insurance co. took one look at it and replaced the lot

45mm^2!!!!!
Reply to
Da Man

Mine has been fine since I laid it 18 months ago in our kitchen and has even attracted praise for its looks. But while it has survived water ingress under a door OK I would not bank on it surviving a real flood. No comparison in terms of durability with properly-laid ceramic tiles, but then look at the difference in price and ease of installation, and greater ease of underfloor access should you need it in future.

Reply to
rrh

You'll need to mop up spillages immediately. Most importantly, when laying, fully fill the slot with PVA as this helps seal the joins against water ingress.

However, they won't be a patch on tiling for reliability.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I have click type laminate in the kitchen & it swells at the edges wit the slightest water contact - even a damp cloth to wipe the floor However, in the hall I used the same laminate but to ease the joint when fitting sprayed each bare edge with WD40. When I found a sof drink had been spilled all over it & not discovered for ages, none o the joints had swelled up. I guess the WD40 had sealed the MDF edge that would otherwise absorb moisture

-- Pufter

Reply to
Pufter