flooring mixture

I have floorboards of 2 differing types, and chipboard placed by recent renovations The carpet fitter is coming Thursday and requests the floor is level as any slight change (2-3mm?) will show through the underlay and carpet. I'm happy to rip up the chipboard and lay new boards, but anyone have any tips short of planing to match the others?

Reply to
Vass