Floorboards/Sound Insulation

Anyone know of a modern alternative to tongue and groove floorboarding ? I am replacing the current flat-edged boards in an attempt to improve sound insulation - the old ones have shrunk so much there is a 1cm gap in places.
Thanks.

It is mostly done with T&G flooring grade chipboard nowadays. However, they are prone to serious squeaking if not done properly.
Christian.

Or will they even help? Is it all level rather construction?
TIA Suzanne
Suz wrote:

What I done, wos glued chip over insulation board. No skweeks. still drums tho. No way to avoid that outside of concrete floors IMHO.

What kind of insulation board do you mean ?
SW wrote:

12mm fiber board. it helps a little..

You mean the stuff they sell in B&Q for boarding out lofts ?
SW.

No. This stuff is thicker and comes in larger sheets. It is specifically intended to floor the main areas of the house.
Christian.