Floorboard clips?

Just bought some of the WestCo Oak tongue and groove floorboards on sale in HomeBase. The instructions with them say to use Westco Clips (3 per board, 100 per 4.5m) to install them. I have not found the clips on sale anywhere. Has anyone any experience with them and can offer advice on their use and need?

Then instructions also say to glue the short ends together. Again, is this advantageous, any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks, Tom.

Reply to
Tom Corcoran

If Homebase sells the boards, they *must* sell the clips also. Specially when the instructions say so (not using them will influance the warrantee).

If Homebase don't sell them, ask them why, it's crazy!

Reply to
WoodYouLike

WoodYouLike said the following on 12/07/2005 12:24:

Can you dig it right. Homebase had none. Rang WestCo and complained, they only supply to homebase and wickes, the later of course repackages them as their own. I had to travel to a wickes and pay more but got them.

Cheers, Tom.

Reply to
Tom Corcoran

WoodYouLike said the following on 12/07/2005 12:24:

Can you dig it right. Homebase had none. Rang WestCo and complained, they only supply to homebase and wickes, the later of course repackages them as their own. I had to travel to a wickes and pay more but got them.

Cheers, Tom.

Reply to
Tom Corcoran

WoodYouLike said the following on 12/07/2005 12:24: >>Just bought some of the WestCo Oak tongue and groove floorboards on sale >>in HomeBase. The instructions with them say to use Westco Clips (3 per >>board, 100 per 4.5m) to install them. I have not found the clips on sale >>anywhere >

[...]

Hi Tom

Don't know why your post came through 4 times, however.

I'd go back to Homebase, grab the manager & throw a complete wobbly. What the hell are they doing selling the board but no clips? Why have you had to waste your time & effort tracking them down? Why have you had to go to Wickes & pay more?

I reckon a complete refund would be about right. Give them some stick!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

He's using DIYbanter - 'nuff said.