Floor tiling disaster

Tiling our kitchen floor today. Something went wrong somewhere and I had to rip up about 20 tiles. The rapid set adhesive has left residue on the floor, we scraped up as much as we could. I can easily clean the adhesive off the tiles as it hadn't quite set.

How do I go about re-tiling this area? Can I tile straight ontop of the residue left behind? or do I need to PVA it or something?

regards

Reply to
hoicem

You will need to contact the manufacturer of the adhesive and ask them.

For some types, the manufacturers recommend that PVA is used on certain surfaces before their adhesive and tiles; whereas in other cases, they specifically say not.

Reply to
Andy Hall

At the risk of being cavalier, I'd say that if the adhesive can't stick to itself, it isn't really adhesive at all and the bond with the residue on the floor won't be your only problem.

Reply to
boltmail

Tile straight on to it.

Its fine.

Clean tiles with acid.

This isn't a disaster. Its learning.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm sure hot water would have been sufficient (had the OP not already cleaned the tiles).

Reply to
Stuart Noble