Floor tiling

I am about to remove old vinyl floor tiles in the kitchen, stuck down about 40 years ago with bitumen adhesive. Will some of the floor tile adhesives commonly available work OK over traces of bitumen on a concrete floor, or are there special types for this use? Or will I have to use self-levelling screed to create a good sub-strate? Never tiled a floor before, any advice most welcome.

Reply to
4square

You haven't said what type of floor covering you plan to use now.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I am intending to use ceramic or porcelain floor tiles, bit longer- lasting than the vinyl flooring.

Reply to
4square