Floor tile removal

Uncanny how posts come up for jobs I've either just done, or am about to do.

Apropos the Removing Floor Tiles thread, I started removing the ones in the bathroom today.

PMF180 multi tool, fitted with an old blade ground down to act as a power scraper - works pretty well.

Certain knack to it, getting the right angle. Also, you have to keep it moving because the friction generates a surprising amount of heat, which softens the tile & makes it harder to remove.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I used one of these, with a rubber mallet

a certain knack/angle, once you get it right the whole tile pings off, occasionally you get one where you have to pry it off a dozen fragments.

Expect to bin the tool rather than replace the blade after doing a couple of rooms ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Garden spade/shovel. Quicker and easier. You need one with a straight edge.

Reply to
harry

Cut an old handsaw down to about eight inches from the handle - it has the right springiness and the handle is still usuable

Reply to
Phil L