Floor Slides for cooker

Hi

I have a heavy slotin range cooker which will be a close fit in the chimney breast in the newly designed kitchen. Chimney breast floor is concrete - flush with original slate slabs in kitchen.

Am looking for some thin slides to fit on the floor in the chimney breast to make it easier to slide the cooker in (and out).

I had some PTFE coated ones years ago but cant find a supplier now.

Any help appreciated

Robert

Reply to
robert

Try

In the past, I have used two strips of thin MDF (my sheets look to be 4 mm) as long as you can accommodate in the area you are moving it over, (ensuring that if the strips have any curve in them that the belly is up), by tilting the objet to be moved backwards and inserting them under the front foot/pad as far as the back foot/pad, less a couple of mm or so. At this point, you will need an assistant. taking hold of the back of the unit and keeping one foot on the strip, tilt the unit forwards, until it slips on the strip and the back foot/pad is over the strip. Now slide forward until you have the unit out of the chimney breast.

To move the unit sideways, slip a wide sheet under the strips where they are sticking out of the front of the unit before you start to move it. When you get the unit over the sheet, you can slide it sideways.

To get it back in again, slip the strips under the sheet and slide back in. Tilt the unit backwards and swing the strip towards the center and then tilt forwards and remove them.

The cost of the MDF is small

HTH

Dave

Reply to