Floor adhesive

Am going to be putting down flooring in my bathroom and cloakroom this coming weekend, and could do with some advice as to materials.

I am using Marley vinyl tiles in each room, which are self-adhesive. The bathroom floor is 18mm ply directly on the joists, well screwed down, and the cloakroom is sand/cement screed, sealed with PVA by the builder.

In the bathroom I am going to scrape off all the blobs of plaster and adhesive, fill all the joints and knotholes, sand the joints and then give the whole lot a coat of primer.

My questions are:

What filler should I use in the bathroom? There is no flex as such, just whatever movement there is in the wood, and I want something I can sand smooth.

What should I do, if anything, to prepare the screeded floor? It's level enough AFAIK.

What adhesive should I use? Although the tiles are self-adhesive, it doesn't feel very sticky, and a carpet fitter who looked at the job (while fitting other carpets) said he would use "latex" to stick them down if he was doing it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It's at this point I'm glad we did the bathroom with wall-hung fittings - no cutting round anything :-)

-- Colin Swan

Reply to
Colin Swan

etc...

Bad form to answer one's own post, but have to drum up a bit of interest, and I _did_ trim heavily...

-- Colin Swan

Reply to
Colin Swan