Floodlight - inhibit daytime operation

That's always been a 'feature' of the two PIR controlled floodlights I've wired via an unswitched FCU. Presumably, by design, re-energising the mains feed triggers the one shot timer used to keep the lamp lit after being triggered by the motion sensor specifically to allow you to verify that the replacement lamp is functioning during daylight (the most likely time for such a lamp replacement exercise from atop of a ladder).

I think I may even have seen instructions about using an inline switch to signal a permanently on mode (possibly mediated or not by the dusk to dawn light sensor) by a rapid on/off switching sequence (possibly 2 or 3 cycles) but I've never made use of this feature, just the one where switch on after relamping lights it up regardless of the motion and dawn to dusk sensors.

Reply to
Johny B Good

K.I.S.S I'll raise you the option of swapping the 2 gang switch for a 2 gang switch where one of the gangs is key operated. You cannot accidently turn on a key switch.

Reply to
ARW

/K.I.S.S I'll raise you the option of swapping the 2 gang switch for a 2 gang switch where one of the gangs is key operated. You cannot accidently turn on a key switch/q

I'll see you, what would that look like??

Visions of stuck on bits of dymo tape with 'missile launch control' on :-)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Is the two-way switching that vital for you? If not, you could remove one of the switches and the other one would always work the same way up.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp