Flooding

Nope, anyone buying a house in a flood risk area has only themselves to blame. I don't buy a Lada then complain it didn't last as long as a Ford.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

The Government money is what they raise from taxes. Unless the Cabinet are paying out of their own pockets, which I doubt.

Reply to
charles

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 18:30:47 -0000, charles wr= ote:

Yes, but it's still the government paying for it (without our permission= ). Just like if your brother gave you =A320, and you went and bought so= me cigarettes, the shopkeeper would say "you are paying for the cigarett= es".

-- =

A bird in the hand is always greener than the grass under the other guy'= s bushes.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Would you like a referendum on this issue? You are insane enough to wish this.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

In message , Ranger writes

Well, there are some practical difficulties in finding a hill for starters .... :-)

Reply to
Chris French

Not in carlisle

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, but I was talking about Holland and the Fens

Reply to
Chris French

Yeah, and getting back to your house before you have to swim back even if you can find one too.

Reply to
Ranger

Sounds like you haven't heard of Flood Re which was organised by, you guessed it, the government. With Flood Re there's not exactly true market pricing.

Reply to
pamela

It should have been footed by his parents, as they chose to have him.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Morality costs money. We need to stop it.

-- =

"I wonder who discovered we could get milk from cows and what the f*ck d= id he think he was doing?!" -- Billy Connolly

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Not necessarily.

Not even possible.

Reply to
Ranger

Most of us do not have mental health issues: but we don't complain about our taxes being used to fund the treatment of people like you.

Reply to
Judith

People who are ill cannot help it. People in flood plains are just bloody stupid.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Says he who dresses as a woman lol

but we don't complain about our

Reply to
Norman Rowing

In general people don't choose to be ill. They do choose to buy on a flood plane.

Reply to
dennis

Is that an Ekranoplan? :-)

Now, after me:

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain! By George, she's got it! By George, she's got it! Now, once again where does it rain? On the plain! On the plain! And where's that soggy plain? In Spain! In Spain! The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain! The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain!

Reply to
polygonum

Usually does. For example keeping people alive who are hardened crimina= ls instead of the death penalty.

Why is it not possible to stop morality? All we need is a decent govern= ment that ignores the dogooders.

-- =

If you're bothered by a god-botherer, does that make you god?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I don?t buy that.

That's not morality.

Not bombing Syria or invading Iraq actually saves a lot of money.

Because some will always want to behave morally.

That wouldn?t stop moral behaviour.

Reply to
Ranger

because 'behaving morally' is the perfect excuse for selfish behaviour for some value of 'morality'

There is no moral behaviour because morality in absolute terms is a myth.

Morality is relative to a given culture. In a diverse multicultural environment it has no meaning at all.

Honour killing is extremely moral behaviour, for example. For certain cultures.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher