Flogging the end of my garden to my neighbour

I'm planning to sell the end 40% of my garden to my next door neighbour.

We want to do it without involving a solicitor as in my experience they do = very little, do it wrong, take a long time about it and charge more than th= ey said to do it!

My reading of the Land Registry website is that we can fill in some forms, = pay them =A340 and it'll be done via a boundary agreement.

Any thoughts on this anyone (the procedure I mean, not whether all solictor= s are as I said!!!)

Reply to
Murmansk

very little, do it wrong, take a long time about it and charge more than they said to do it!

them £40 and it'll be done via a boundary agreement.

are as I said!!!)

Do either of you have a mortgage on the property concerned? If so you will need to inform the lender and comply with their requirements. There are a number of potential pitfalls to catch the unwary and by not taking appropriate legal advice you will probably just make work for them in the future.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

very little, do it wrong, take a long time about it and charge more than they said to do it!

them £40 and it'll be done via a boundary agreement.

are as I said!!!)

Don't.

Phone a local solicitor and ask for a fixed price conveyancing offer ........ DIY legal makes some solicitors very rich when it all goes pear shaped.

A Commercial practice should do this very reasonably for you using standard forms - absolutely should be fixed price offer ... so you can compare quotes.

Reply to
Rick Hughes