Floating smooth floor onto concrete

Starting a garage build. How can I float a smooth surface on a 5X5 metre pour ? I really don't want to use a powerfloat as I've never used one and can see me hashing it up. I wont be able to reach themiddle of it with handled bull float either :-(

Also I take it 125mm will be ample depth with some reinforcing mesh for good measure.

Help please :-)

Reply to
Staffbull