Floating shelf on thin wall

Hi,

I am a complete DIY novice. I want to construct a floating shelf strong enough to take a mini Hi-fi. My problem is that the wall I wan to put it on is made from very thin plasterboard. I would reall appreciate any advice you might have about how to fix it so my wal doesn't fall down(!), and the best (and probably lightest) design fo the floating shelf as I have seen several different methods used. Thanks, J

-- jeenius99

Reply to
jeenius99

Do you know if the wall uses wooden or steel supports for the p;lastervoard? Do you own a stud finder, or a mains drill and small drillbit?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Apparently the wall has wooden supports. There is a mains drill and bi

that I can borrow. I also have a device for identifying where wires pipes etc. run behind the wall - is that the same as a stud finder Where do I go from here? J

-- jeenius99

Reply to
jeenius99