Floating floor on concrete - how much ripple?

I levelled mine first, and even so, wish I had levelled it more.. >

>I would honestly recommend you get some levelling compound, and trowel >the while thing as flat as you can..6mm is far too much - 1-2mm over a >meter is better, and no more than 6mm over the whole floor. > >Lay battens over the whole room and mark the high pints and draw >circles >round the hollows with a felt tip pen. Then mix up the compound after >PVA/ing the lot, and use battens from the high points to scrape the >compound level, and float smooth it. > >Then when set, do it all over again. > >THEN when the floor goes down - which is pretty quick - you will be >rewarded by a total lack of flexure.

Thanks very much for that advice.

I am now paying a lot more attention to the levelling before laying the boards... which are becoming better and better acclimatised as a result :-)

Reply to
Ian White

I think this will pay. I didn't and there are places where I know I am going uphill a bit..and places where its springier than other places (over a hollow).

aying te floor was a cinch..spend the time on prep first.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think we've completed that phase now, and yes, it was worth taking the extra time.

Someone else has agreed to unpack the boards and arrange the random lengths to her own aesthetic satisfaction... and that too could save a lot of trouble later on.

Reply to
Ian White