Flexible Hot/Cold/Waste Sink

I'm installing a 'free standing' sink unit.

It would be so useful to be able to shift this unit about a bit from time to time (Even 10cm would be enough, 20cm would be better).

Do flexible hot/cold and waste pipes exist?

Reply to
Mark

Yes.

You can get long braided flexis for hot and cold water, and various flexible wastes. Hepworth do a system ("Hepflex") where you buy a length of flexible waste pipe (32mm or 40mm - you'd want 40) which has a smooth inside bore, and solvent-weld on end fittings, which themselves come in different sizes for joining by either push-fit or solvent-weld to other pipework. I'd be inclined to choose the solvent-weld ends and use a compression fitting to connect them to the waste going out of the kitchen: you'll probably be going into a compression fitting at the sink waste end. You may need to pay attention to supporting the sink waste so that when you move the unit it doesn't disturb it and make it leak.

Reply to
YAPH

H&C - no real problem. After all, what do you use to connect a washing machine or dishwasher?

HepFlex? Waste on this page:

But don't get carried away with the idea of pushing the unit metres across the floor...

(You might have problems conforming to relevant regulations using these products - I don't know enough to tell you.)

Reply to
Rod