Flexible hose - 68mm internal diameter

I'm looking for a piece flexible hose/pipe to connect to standard 68mm O/D rainwater downpipe. Length about 6 inches.

Can anyone suggest a likely source of anything suitable or something that can be modified to suit?

VT

Reply to
Vet Tech

Old fire hose must be pretty close. Know any fire fighters?

Vortex6

If you've got a scrap yard near you and the time to grub around you would probably find that size of hose on light commercials such as Transits; it would be the top radiator hose.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

What about that concertina stuff they put up flues? I've got a bit in a filing cabinet in the garden shed, I thought might come in handy one day. Sounds like such might be bodgeable for you.

Otherwise: tractor tyre inner tube - also v useful for making giant rubber bands. We used to cut up loads in a place I used to work, but I never did enquire where they got the old tubes.

spamlet

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Cicero saying something like:

That's 2 3/4" - more like a truck size.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Air intakes are often that sort of size.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Industrial/farm vacuum cleaner hose. However, we have just had a long thread on the difficulties met making waterproof in with corrugated hose.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , Tim Lamb writes

There should have been a jo and s in there:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb