Flexible drain hose wanted

My portable air con unit comes with a push-on 12mm PVC drain hose. Where can I get a more flexible hose than the slightly stiff ordinary clear PVC hose that came with the unit?

This hose only carries about 1 litre of water in 10 hours, so I wonder if I could get a sort of extra flexible ribbon-type hose. I saw something like a bit of tube made from what looked like flimsy polythene sheeting fitted as part of a lavatory ballcock overflow into the cistern water. I wonder if I can buy something like that?

Reply to
pamela

In message , pamela writes

Google flexible electrical conduit. I think Speedfit do a 15mm version which might adapt with a jubilee clip.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I would not advise it. With only a dribble of water now and then and at near zero pressure a flat hose could easily block and condensate tray overflow indoors or activate the cut off switch that some have. You need a pipe rigid enough to stay open by itself and resist kinking on any bends.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Would silicone hose do? Thicker walled but available in many diameters.

Tim+

Or there is this stuff, corrugated, 12 mm bore

I wouldn't consider flat hose, for the same reasons as above.

Reply to
newshound

Bob raises a good point about drainage. Either the silicone rubber hose Tim mentioned or the corrugated one you mentioned seem a good solution.

Now that I have the right search terms from your suggestion, it turns out there's a corrugated hose especially for air con units although all the ones Amazon and EBay offer are from Hong Kong!

Reply to
pamela

Stuff from Hong Kong is usually faster than the advertised time, but if it is urgent the place I listed has always been OK when I have used them.

Reply to
newshound