Flexible 43mm Waste Pipe?

Hello All

Had some fun and games at the sheds last weekend trying to get 40 mm push fit connectors to fit a 43mm waste pipe, they didn't fit obviously (I thought my waste pipe was 40mm) however the weld type 40mm connectors (Wickes) did fit snug, What's that all about then?

Anyway on to my question anyone know where I can get flexible 43mm waste pipe from? I have seen the 40mm but no 43mm. Failing that is there anyway I can adapt the existing waste pipe to be 43mm without replacing the whole lot and the boss, which I have already looked into doing. I think the boss is welded to the soil pipe which has been boxed in downstairs. Either way I cant shift it. I am attempting to route the waste pipe under the floor and up between a stud wall and its proving to be a right bitch of a job.

Help appreciated.

TIA

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

Bit confused but agree 40mm pushfit is not same as 40mm solvent weld. If solvent weld stuff fits the existing pipework why not just get a tin of the solvent and use that ?

Reply to
Mike

You mean fit a solvent weld 40mm connector to the existing pipe work and then join it to the 40mm flexible waste pipe? Thanks

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

More or less, though I'm not sure what you mean by 'flexible' waste pipe as such stuff isn't permitted in the UK after the U bend AFAIU the regs.

Reply to
Mike

Consider using aquarium supplies flexible double skin pipe. Easy to fix with jubilee clips. Tends to be black however.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

It's all nominally 40mm (old 1 1/2") however the solvent weld stuff is actually bigger (your 43mm).

Hepworth's 'hepflex' is a flexible waste pipe in lengths which you cut to your requirements and fit with ends for either push-fit or solvent-weld sizes (you can have different each end). You can get the pipe and fittings from BES (.ltd.uk)

FWIW there are also various couplings between push-fit and solvent-weld pipes including compression fittings, push-fit X solvent-weld and push-fit | push-fit in a larger size which'll take s/w pipe. BES do all these, too.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Although sold in IKEA with their sinks. However it is so bulky I've always changed it for 'real' waste pipe.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Must go and look in IKEA. Had a long chat with technical rep from John Guest (Speedfit) about getting the flexible waste pipe Americans use on their macerators all the way to the outside and he assured me this wasn't legal in the UK.

Reply to
Mike

Great! cheers all

Reply to