Flexi hose in Central heating pipes?

I'm changing a couple of really old corroded radiators in my central heating system. The old rads were 8ft x 1ft so I'm replacing them with smaller equivalent rads. Obviously the pipe work will now need to be re arranged. A couple of flexi hoses would be ideal to realign the pipe work and save bursting into the original joints. Are there flexi hoses suitable for CH systems? A bit like

Steven Campbell

We've got a Myson KickSpace heater in the kitchen that is part of the CH system and that came with flexi hoses much like those so yes, flexi hoses for CH are available.

John.

Reply to
John

In article , John writes

I've certainly used some in my installation but I notice that the spec on the ones from BES are 85deg for ones with brass fittings but only 65deg for ones with plastic fittings so that may be a limiting factor. I'd expect those from Screwfix to certainly be no better.

Reply to
fred

That might explain why everywhere I look it says "Not suitable for CH systems" After digging a bit deeper it looks like the kickspace heater might have had its own flexi pipes made for the CH system! I think the general consensus if other forums are to go by are that flexis aren't suited to CH which is a right PITA for me. Looks like I'll be buying myself a pipe binder!

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

I sell Flexihoses for a living. They are definately not to be used on Central Heating. Temp range -20C - +85C Working Pressure (12mm Bore)

15bar.
Reply to
Bookworm

CH water is usuaally limited to 70C or so.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"Steven Campbell" wrote

Another option is to fit make-up pieces between the new rad and the old pipe/valve locations. They fit into the rad and the valve tail fits into them IYSWIM. Available in increments of 10mm IIRC.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

======================== Have a read through this article:

look for 'bendable copper pipe'. These items are sold in Wickes and B&Q etc. but I can't find an online reference to them. Somebody else may know of an online source.

I think they would be preferable to the braided type you referenced both in terms of appearance and function.

Cic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 1283 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero