flex in stone-resin or height adjustable shower tray

I am getting quotes for a shower with a 1400 x 900 tray needed. Most have recommended stone resin but one plumber said that a stone resin tray set on timber would be a risk should the timber warp then i would get movement and water ingress. He suggested a resin tray with adjustable legs that can be accessed by a removable plinth- should there be any movement just adjust the legs.

Any thoughts you clever people out there?

Martin

Reply to
myemail

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:47:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@net.com strung together this:

The guy's an idiot, ignore him. (I am going on an average installation, if it's obscure he might not be, but probably is).

Reply to
Lurch

Hi Martin, At the risk of sounding like a broken record, ever thought of commissioning a stainless steel shower tray which has (say) a two inch lip round the edge such that once you tile down into it any water in the tray has to rise two inches before it leaks out the tray. Just search google for my escapades with my shower tray.

Mungo

Reply to
Mungo Henning