fleas infestation

We are under attack! and it has made me ill from flea bites (cold flu like symptoms after each attack) roughly once a month!

ok dramatic start but all valid.

Basically we used to have a dog, but no longer.

He left us a little present of fleas.

Any idea how I can get rid of the little buggers ?

Reply to
Pete

get a spray and spray the whole room.

Should have de-flead the doggy.

Frontline IIRC is the dogs bollocks.

Fleas WILL eventually doe, but not till after any eggs have hatched.

Spray works well to kill both existing and any that emerge

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What did you do? Did you kill your dog? There is no excuse for dog fleas infesting a house. You are just a dirty lump of council estate scum.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Shock news.

8 Ace Pounder is pissed up and talking bollocks at 8.30pm
Reply to
ARWadsworth

Very amusing.

He passed away :( after many happy years as a companion.

He was flea treated!! .. we used "on the spot"

And no we are not dirty nor do we live on a council estate, and no we are not scum!

Reply to
Pete

They can hide for a long time. Spray all soft furnishings, around skirtings etc.

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

Google for "flea bombs" read instructions carefully and do the deed.

Reply to
Charles

Buy household flea spray (2-3 cans) from a pet shop, spray the whole house top to bottom, vacuum all soft furnishings, wash bedding etc.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Been there, got the t shirt (actually I put it on the bonfire :-)

The eggs can survive in in carpets etc. for quite few weeks, they hatch irregularly, and their first act seems to be to lay some more eggs...

So you have to spray the place regularly for some time. Get an aerosol from the pet shop or chemists, and follow the instructions. There used to be strong chemicals, but the EU has made them weak and feeble to protect us in the same way they have stopped us killing weeds and other pests (like Mr Pounder).

Talk to your Doctor about those symptoms, they don't sound right to me.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Could be an allergy to the mites or their faeces, treatment as per house dust mite could be indicated.

Derek G

Reply to
Derek Geldard

En el artículo , Pete escribió:

Don't feed the troll, he's just a sad case that wants attention.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Do you know for certain they're fleas, for example have you actually seen/caught them? I ask because there was an item on the telly a few days ago about bed bugs, which seemed to produce very similar crops of itchy red spots.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I am genuinely sorry about the dog; however there is no excuse for a dog infesting a house with fleas.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Beers often turns people into bigots.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Does it? I don't drink beer. BTW, I'm also a racist. When are you going to post the next instalment on your neighbours Adam? I really enjoyed the last one.

Steve

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I know you are a racist. But at least you are honest about it.

He has not done any DIY for weeks so there is nothing to report:-(

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I detest Australians. Is this racist?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I really like Australians. That is probably racist.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why do you like these stupid people? That is a racist question.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Barbequeued

Reply to