Flavel Emberglow sticking control, DIY ?

Hi , I have a Flavel Emberglow which is now around 2 years old. The gas control valve has started to stick. This is most evident when it has been full on for a while, as though the heat is causing it to seize. A Corgi fitter is coming out next week, but I wondered if just greasing it ( as they suggest they will do ) will sort it? Its the first gas fire we have owned , so not sure if this is a common thing to occur. I take it DIY for this would be dangerous?illegal ? Just testing :) ( I can hear a sucking in of breath :) Hello to group, by the way. Mik

Reply to
Mik