Flat roof: tiling or decking?

I have a flat roof but am worried about having chairs and table poking through it so I was thinking about decking but someone mentioned tiling.

which method is more reliable? any thoughts? anything i need to know?

cheers, axelle b.

Reply to
bockrath

| I have a flat roof but am worried about having chairs and table poking | through it so I was thinking about decking but someone mentioned | tiling. | | which method is more reliable? any thoughts? anything i need to know?

Are the roof joists strong enough? You need stronger joists if you use the flat roof for more than occasional maintenance.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I've got a roof terrace which is asphalt over wood with 'promenade' tiles

- GRP reinforced concrete, so light and strong. Has proved very successful.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)