flat roof - slope for run off

just wondered what sort of slope to put on a flat roof over new kitchen/living room and how to achieve this (assuming here that you cut say 3x2 down so that one end is higher than the other, then fix this to the roofing joists).

Whats the correct way of doing this please.

Also need some info on the type of insulation to use (is it best to use the ply sheets that have insulation attached to them)?

i know there are bound to be a few threads that ask why not make it a pitched roof - thing is it fits in with the design we want to achieve plus at 4m wide, a pitched roof would be far too high to get above a 14 degree slope.

suggestions please

dunc

Reply to
duncan

Neil

You buy tilting fillets from your timber merchant give them the width and they will cut them for you simply nail on top of joists to provide fall

Reply to
Andy Milner

I'm just trying to remember if it is a slope of 1 in 400 or what. It's

4 mil in a meter level out of level so what is that?

I think it is the same as the bubble touching one of the lines. The strips are called firring pieces. I never did hear why. It beats me why we can't just angle the joists.

Reply to
Michael McNeil