Flat roof re-felt cost

I've got a small flat roof on a utility room that needs re-felting. It's lasted 17 years so I can't complain. The roof is 2.7m x 1.5m and joins to the house on the long edge. Any idea how much I should budget for to have it done?

TIA,

Reply to
Paul Giverin

It really depends on the condition of the joists. Good felt can cost you =A340 a roll, then a ply deck, but if the joists are rotting you've got those to replace too.

NT

Reply to
NT

Paul I can't give you an accurate cost but I had a quote (albeit verbal) for a similar job. Interestingly the reason that I had the roofer in was that I had a leak on the side of the extension that was caused by the pebbles laid over the flat roof to protect it from the sun I believe, but had migrated into the flashing and had bridged it.

Anyway my flat roof is over 20 years old,and was reported as still in good condition (the pebbles did at least preserve that!) and can just have a new top coat added. =A3400 for that but would be =A3750 for the total job, and if you wait a moment I'll pop upstairs and get an idea of the size ... 4m x 3.5m. You won't be able to scale the sizes I expect as material cost will be small in comparison to labour, so perhaps those figures are reasonable for you to go by too.

I'm near Edinburgh.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

under =A3100 to diy

NT

Reply to
NT

Budget for rubber instead...

Reply to
Tim Watts

re-felting.

Or GRP. Waiting for the quote for GRP on our flat roof 5m x 3.5m IIRC. The current 15 to 20 year old torch-on felt would probably still be OK if the orginal installers had finished the edge against a parapet wall properly. They just folded up the fairly thick top felt layer and torched it to the stone work. No flashing over the top, needless to say this pulled away and left a nice "funnel" for snow/rain to get in... That end is now very close to complete failure.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice