Flat roof boarding?

What would likely be the under-felt boarding to a 1970s (nearly) flat roof? Recycled floor boards? plywood? Stirling board? heaven-forbid chipboard?

Reply to
N_Cook

I've got planks on an older flat roof, but ply on some others. Similr origin date.

Reply to
Tim Watts

possibly "Strammit" board: Compressed straw. Was specified for my 1966 garage and my 1972 extension.

Reply to
charles

I've replaced strammit off a 1968 garage, cut out the damaged sections with a chainsaw and replaced with 12mm ply plus a bit of packing under.

Reply to
AJH

a lot of packing - the strammit board I used was 2" thick.

Reply to
charles

Before I replaced it with 18mm ply, mine was weetabix

Still available for Rod and his mates

a lot of packing - the strammit board I used was 2" thick.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Could be 1960s or 70s Thanks for that, I was just about to google "strammit" , looks like a half inch hole in the ceiling and a use for that silly Maplin "endoscope" miniature camera viewer thingy.

Reply to
N_Cook

Pea grit probably deters birds and cats to a certain extent

Reply to
N_Cook

"N_Cook" wrote: [snip]

Especially when propelled by compressed air.

Reply to
Steve Firth